Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Supposedly this David Bowie song is a commentary on the compulsive nature of artistic reinvention, however it seemed an appropriate caption to head this blog entry too! I haven't posted in a long time because there have big changes afoot in my life.

Effective October 1, I am no longer a part-owner or employee at Pup-A-Razzi. The business was the center of my life for 8+ years and had a major impact on Jan as well. I had lots of good times there, met some amazing people over the years and learned an incredible amount about dogs, training, human psychology and other things. Being a part-owner and founder of Pup-A-Razzi was a life altering experience for me, but the stress of being a small business owner and the time restrictions the business imposed on my personal life just got to be too much.

I'm currently enjoying working part time at Charlton Kennels on Sauvie Island and offering in-home private dog training and PWD grooming on the days I don't work there. Lookout Dog Services is the name for my new low-key business endeavor. Hopefully these two activities will generate enough income to support the PWD pack in the style to which they've become accustomed.

My Mom and Dad came to visit in the end of September and we had a wonderful week with them. We don't get to see them nearly enough. Jan and Dad had fun golfing several times and we took a trip to the Evergreen Aviation Museum and took the dogs walking and swimming a few times while they were here. Mom and Dad are great with the dogs and even Stoker warmed up to them right away.

The photo to the right is my sister-in-law Kim with my Dad and Mom in Alaska.

No comments: