Sunday, December 28, 2008

alternative medicine?

Although I have great respect for the conventional veterinary clinic where I take the dogs and rely on them to provide the dogs with excellent care, I have also explored alternative measures where I think it will benefit. The dogs are fed a raw diet, visit a chiropractor on a somewhat routine basis and have had acupuncture treatments to help with healing from injury. I found this article particularly interesting because I think Ecko and Decker are both battling a mild yeast infection right now. I have been using tea tree and neem to treat the areas topically and have added some coconut oil to their diet. While they seem to be improving, they may be getting a few other spicy additions to their meals until things are completely cleared up.



No comments: