Friday, October 22, 2010

Road Trip to the National Specialty


My recent road trip to CA for the PWD National Specialty brought lots of memories, as well as being very fun!

Here are some random thoughts on the trip:

I am always fascinated by some of the junk art near I5 in the Weed area so this time I searched the internet when I returned home and found some photos of the dragon and cow sculptures. That is Penelope the dragon to the left. Penelope is the creation of Ralph Starritt of Yreka.

Another of Mr. Staritt's creations is "Moodonna".

The town of "Talent" Oregon (we drove past the sign on I5) was the inspiration for the call name for my friend Jessie's dog.

The last time I headed that far south with the dogs was when we went to the National in Ventura in 2007. Kilo died just a few months before that trip. This was truly a special week for me as I got to see his kids and grand-kids having fun with their people at the National. Kids Bella, Cooper, Ecko, Reef and Sydney represented him well at the National, as did grand-kids India and JoJo. Kilo came back to me in a dream recently, but he lives on every day in our house in his daughters and grand-daughter. Makes me teary just thinking about it...

No comments: