Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cowabunga!

What a day!

pre-whelping xray on Friday
I should have known if I let Jan play golf that the puppies would come early.  I called him mid-way through his round today (just started hole 4) and told him to get home pronto!  He is our calm whelping coach and was ably assisted by my friend Julie, while I am a nervous Nelly and pace anxiously in the background.

First puppy was born at 11:57 AM and last one at 3:37 PM.   We had a total of 11, but 2 were stillborn, 6 of the pups are males and 3 females.  I titled the post "cowabunga" in part because we have way more Parti-colored pups than I thought we would have.

"Hank" - parti male
We like to be silly with our puppies and give them themed litter names (which can be changed when they go to their new homes, of course).  This time they are named after tomato varieties.  We have:
Pixie - female
Capri - female
Hank - male
Kiwi - female
Jasper - male
Ranger - male
Fargo - male
Gordo - male
and Cabot - male.

Hopefully they will sail safely through the first fragile days of puppy-hood and grow into strong and wonderful PWDs that will bring their families great joy.




Fargo - male

Box 'o Puppies - 6 of 9



No comments: