Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Argue for your limitations,...

...and sure enough they're yours. ~ Richard Bach

I love this quote and the book it is in (Illusions of a Reluctant Messiah) and passed out a stack of business cards printed with motivational quotes like it at my last water workshop. After we ate lunch on the second day and everyone was getting a bit tired, we sat around and read quotes and discussed them. In the same vein, I really enjoyed this recent blog posting by Susan Garrett.

Maybe it is the spring weather, but I am feeling motivated to get working (well, playing really....) with the dogs.

Yesterday, each of the dogs had a quick, energetic five minute session with the weave poles. I worked on weave pole entrances with all of them and limited myself to only motivating them with a toy. That was a bit of a challenge with Stoker and Ecko but they did really well and all of them made a bit of progress and pushed their understanding of how to find the correct entry.

Having done a few workshops this spring, there was money in the budget for chiropractic adjustments for Chili and Decker today. Both of them were moving a little tighter than I like to see and Chili had even been a little off in the front for the last week. They need to take it easy for a few days following their adjustments, but Stoker and Ecko each got a follow-up weave pole training session tonight and did really well. Stoker was really bounding out after the toy and even barked at me to get me to play with her with it. Ecko also did super and was very enthusiastic for the toy tonight. Brilliant dogs, just need to push the buttons right....

No comments: