Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Walkin, Yes Indeed....

A number of years ago, I would get up every morning before work and go for a run. Half an hour, five days a week, rain or shine.... I was in decent shape and the exercise had the added benefit of giving me more energy and a mood lift too.

This morning, I got up at 5:45 (my usual time), fed the dogs and, instead of taking a nap on the couch for another hour before getting ready for work, I went for a 35 minute walk! The goal is to try to keep this up, but I know from past experience that it takes a week or two before this routine will become ingrained enough for it to be easy to get out the door in the morning....

The dogs had a blast on Saturday with a couple hour visit to the river at Cathedral Park. My friend Rosie and her friend Kim met us there. Kim thinks PWDs are pretty neat and is hoping to get one in the next year and Rosie has always been a big fan of Ms. Chili. We ended up with quite the gathering. Julie was there with Cooper and Tsuzi, another friend of Rosie's stopped by with her Lab and Dick and Ginny came by with Reef. The PWDs are loud and rowdy when they are in free-for-all retrieve mode at the water and if people still want one after they see them in this state, it's a good indicator that this is the breed for them.

No comments: