Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ups and Downs

I've been a little down lately due to some minor upsets. I really can't complain, things are going pretty well, but.... I had a pretty lazy weekend and thought I would focus on all the" good stuff" from the weekend:
  • I got to sleep in three days in a row!
  • I finished a good book that I've had a hard time finding time to read.
  • Got to play agility twice with the dogs. We all enjoy that!
  • Jan and I cleaned the garage just enough to feel like we had accomplished something but not enough to feel like hard work.
  • Reconnected with a friend I hadn't talked to in a while.
  • Gave Stoker a haircut. They always look so good when they are freshly trimmed.
  • Jan made a batch of fresh spaghetti sauce from our bumper crop of home-grown tomatoes. Yum!
  • Woke up with an achy back only to have Chili curl up against my back like a warm and supportive hot water bottle. What a good girly.
  • Took Chili and Stoker for a walk on Sauvie Island. We got soaked, but had a good time. Photos below.
All in all a nice relaxing weekend to sing in the rain and stop and smell the flowers.

2 comments:

Joint Venture Journey said...

We all need weekends like that. Mine was busy with the Eugene trial so now I feel like I need a weekend like you just had.

Suzanne said...

It was nice to have a low-key weekend, but a fun-filled agility weekend sounds pretty nifty too.