Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Still Waiting...

Stoker went in for an x-ray on Monday so we could get a more accurate count of how many pups to expect. The x-ray showed six pups, one more than we spotted on the ultrasound. It's always amazing to see the x-ray of a pregnant bitch. All those puppy skeletons seem to take up the entire insides of the Momma dog!

I took her for a walk after the vet appointment and then left her home for Jan to watch while I went to agility class with Chili and Decker.

On Tuesday, Decker and Chili were scheduled for chiropractor appointments. They get quite a bit of wear and tear on their bodies with all the activities they do and preventative maintenance sure beats having them get injured and needing to be patched back together again. When the chiropractor heard that Stoker was pregant she suggested a less intensive adjustment would be good for her too, as it should help her have the puppies easier. I was all for that, so Stoker got an adjustment as well.

This morning, Stoker was the last to clean her breakfast bowl and usually she is the first. I fed her lunch, and she wanted to be fussed over and hand-fed. I brought her home a little early this PM since she seems just a little stressy and was shivering a little bit now and again when I would check on her. Now that she is home, she is sleeping peacefully, of course! I'll take her temperature before I feel comfortable heading back down to teach classes this evening and leaving her in Jan's care.

No comments: