Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lunch Time Ramblings

Having a litter of pups to care for and a full time job definately makes me feel like I am burning the candle at both ends. On top of that, I think I am trying to fend off the awful mid-winter cold that is making the rounds. Bottom line - I am TIRED!

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday when I work a substantial amount of daytime hours, I run home at Noon to feed Stoker and the pups. Thank goodness I work close to home! The last few days, even though it has been very cold, I've let the pups out onto the patio for a little lunchtime exercise. I've fed them lunch outside the last two days and they get right down to business polishing off their meal while I clean the puppy pen and make myself lunch. Then, while I eat lunch, they entertain me with their antics.

Today, Reef showed off his retrieving aptitude. First he made off with the tennis ball toy (a tennis ball with a canvas strap through it) that Granny Chili was playing with. Chili was trying to get me to throw it for her, but thats too dangerous with puppies afoot as she knocks them down in her rush to get the ball. She dropped it in front of me one too many times and Reef grabbed it and strutted around the patio with it for several minutes. Very cute! After that, he found an old paper towel roll insert that I had given the pups to play with and carried that around for a bit.

After I brought the pups back in the house, I missed a great photo opp. with Chili and Hammy. Hammy was sitting in the sunken living room and Chili was laying in the hallway above him. Apparently she thought his face needed washing and spent quite a few minutes carefully washing it while he stayed patiently in place putting up with the treatment. Chili has become more and more enamoured of the pups as they've gotten older. She does lots of play bowing, bouncing and barking, trying to get them to play. They are still a bit overwhelmed by their wild Granny, but are becoming bolder with her every day.

No comments: